Each year for almost two decades, Communities In Schools of Jacksonville has offered summer camps to keep local students engaged in their academics throughout their extended time out of the classroom. In light of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic – and with our staff and students’ health in mind – we’ve made the decision to hold this year’s camps virtually.
While we would love to be able to see our wonderful students and campers in person, safety is our number one priority. We are working hard to ensure our students will experience the same level of academic enrichment so that they can start the next school year off right. See below for more information, and please email us at email@example.com with any questions.
As we finalize our plans for camp, we simply can’t overlook that many of our campers need some extra help ensuring that their basic needs are met. With this in mind, we’re aiming to supply backpacks to all of our campers this year. Please see our Amazon Wish List at the link below and consider contributing to help fill a backpack for a student in need.
Please consider taking this short survey that will help us better understand your family’s needs during this time. This will help us to bridge the gap and provide necessary assistance to those who need it.
All campers must be current students of schools in the Duval County Public School system to participate. Our summer camps are free of cost.
- Camp dates: June 8 – July 17
- Camps will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., five days per week
- In the morning, camp will focus on academics and the afternoon will shift to enrichment activities
- Camp schedule will also include a break for students from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. to pick up lunch from their designated school
- The Wednesday before each week of camp, a bag of supplies and activities will be available for families to pick from their students’ school
Elementary and middle school campers will be able to pick up camp supplies and lunch at the following school locations:
Normandy Village Elementary
Sadie T. Tillis Elementary
Andrew Robinson Elementary
Long Branch Elemntary
Carter G. Woodson Elementary
George Washington Carver Elementary
SA Hull Elementary
Woodland Acres Elementary
JEB Stuart Middle
Jefferson Davis Middle
Joseph Stilwell Middle
Lake Shore Middle
Matthew Gilbert Middle
Jean Ribault Middle
Bridge to Success Academy at West Jax
Alfred I. Dupont Middle
Click below to download the application for the elementary and middle school summer camp.
Camp for DCPS high school students will begin on June 1.
Camp dates: June 1 – June 19
- Camps will take place from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. each day, five days per week
- Camp curriculum will vary, but will include:
- Virtual college tours
- Hands-on science experiments
- Art lessons
- Career-focused activities such as mock interviews, Microsoft Office skills
- Possible career day with virtual guest speakers and panelists
High school campers will be able to pick up camp supplies and lunch at the following school locations:
Ed White High
Frank H. Peterson High
A. Philip Randolph Academies
William M. Raines High
Jean Ribault High
If you have a student who is interested in the high school camp, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org